Operation Thank You...

As part of my Happiness Project, I have considered taking the time to write each person who has touched my life a thank you card for whatever purpose they have served. However, when I start writing a list, I become even more overwhelmed than when I try to send Christmas cards. Anybody get one of those from me lately? Uh, yeah, see I can’t even get that meager task to fruition. I thought about a mass email but it just doesn’t have the same heartfelt sentiment. Email has become too impersonal. If you really care, you mail it. (Maybe I should work for the Post Office!)

I have become the Queen of Multi-Tasking. Of course, I guess all women are (especially mothers). But it just seems things have gotten a little out of hand. I’m hoping my little meeting a couple weeks ago will turn into a great opportunity. I will be gone for 4-6 weeks every six months, but I truly think that is exactly what I need. Bob would return to being a stay-at-home dad, while I become the ultimate bread winner (again!). I should be close enough for them to come visit every other weekend or so, but I think that would allow for more appreciation of my contribution to the family.

I would take my sewing machine, serger, and fabric with me, so I can uninterrupted time to spend on making my creations. These creations are getting more and more demanding as I get my name out into the world. I’ve made a concerted effort to scale back my items to only include specific offerings; however, the demand has changed the strategy. I have people asking for high need, low effort offerings making me consider my increasing options. I’ve thought about opening another e-shop to cater to the little kids, while allowing my current shop to continue offering its more adult items. This would be feasible if I wasn’t so bogged down already with stuff to do.

As it goes in the South: If you say it out loud, it will happen – I TRULY BELIEVE THIS OPPORTUNITY IS THE BEST OPTION FOR OUR FUTURE. Hopefully, the people who are controlling my future are listening!!! Only 8 more days til August…then the wait is truly on!!!!!!!!

PS Sorry to those of you who don’t know about my little secret, but it always seems when I let people in on opportunities I’m pursuing, they always end up jinxed. So just cross your fingers, toes, eyes, whatever will allow this grand opportunity to lend itself to us.

2 comments:

tscrapper said...

Yay!!!! So glad that all of your wishes came true today. LOL

Quilted Memories said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I'm so excited; this is really what we needed as a family.

My Stalkers