A day late and $375 short!!!

I put my Singer IZEK sewing machine up for sale about 6 months ago when I decided I was going to get serious about this whole sewing business. I first put it up on Amazon.com which I didn't know you could do until I did it! Then I put it on Craigslist. It was first on both sites for $375. I didn't think that was bad since the only other one I could find was brand new on Amazon for $500! Well, 3 months later there were still no bites, so I relisted it on Craigslist for $150. About a month later I got a taker...well, at that point I thought I had taken it off of Amazon. I guess yesterday proved me wrong. I got a message in my email saying it had sold for $375!!!!!! I searched the internet all over trying to find one that I could buy for cheap and resell to this lady...to no avail. So I had to refund her money to her and let her know she could find it elsewhere for around the same price. WELL, I think I have found my niche...I have a bunch of gently used stuff they sell on Amazon that I'm thinking about listing. One being the John Lennon "Real Love" crib set I bought for Benjamin. We never used the comforter, the sheets are pretty much new since we had to change them so much. Now I'm visualizing my house to figure out what else I can put on Amazon since the BUYER pays the fees!!!! Bob might come home to a completely listed house on Friday after I start on my frenzy! We have so many books (text and otherwise) that we have multiple bookshelves dedicated to them. Guess you know what I'll be doing this weekend...I'm also making bunches of coaster samples & sandwich/snack bag samples to put up on my Etsy site!!!! Pictures to come ;o) HAPPY FIRST OF JULY!!!!!!

2 comments:

tscrapper said...

Murphy's Law always prevails. That's pretty funny though. I didn't realize that about Amazon. Maybe I'll list Sophia's nursery set, too. :)

BTW, I love that John Lennon set!

Quilted Memories said...

It's for sale!!!!

Yeah, I'm spending tomorrow figuring out which grad school books, toys, and other crap I can put online and get rid of...this will allow Bob to be a stay-at-home stud whenever he decides!!!

My Stalkers