A disappointing Christmas

Bob plotted through the day anxious to get the boys to bed so we could begin to put together the desk we bought for their new computer. It was 11:30pm when we finally got done. Bob wanted to sleep on the couch so when the boys woke up, he could get me before they started ripping into things. But I was being selfish; I wanted him in bed with me. So I convinced him to tie the doors together with yarn. When they couldn't get through, the boys would surely come get us.

The alarm went off at 6am, however, Bob hit the snooze. At 7:30, we arose to the fact, we were "late". Bob got to the disaster first. Cohen had gotten through the yarn (almost losing his thumb in the process). He had opened every present before any of us were up. This included his brother's presents! Bob was soooooo disappointed. He wanted to be there for them to see their faces. We took no pictures. The damage was already done really. They were happy, but Bob was not. Next year, I guess we'll be sleeping on the couch or using a chain!!!

2 comments:

tscrapper said...

Glad that the boys loved their presents, but I'm so sorry that Mommy and Daddy didn't get to enjoy Xmas morning with them. :(

Wasn't Benjamin upset that Cohen opened his presents?

Quilted Memories said...

Not really. He was just enjoying going through the stuff on the floor and figuring out what was his. I take him back to the psychiatrist on the 19th, hoping they will get a better diagnosis than ADHD-Impulsive. Then we start again with Cohen (see my previous post "Upside down and backwards"). His appointment will be in January as well.

My Stalkers